Craving lip-smacking barbecue chicken wings? Chef Jill's sweet honey BBQ sauce recipe is easy to make and so tasty you'll want to slather it on all your favorite grilled meats, wings and more! Prepare the recipe and toss with crispy chicken wings just in time to celebrate National Chicken Wing Day on July 29th.
To get that sweet flavor, Chef Jill uses A Spoon Full of Hope Palmetto honey and Tomato Basil soup for her tangy sweet BBQ sauce.
The best part of this recipe is that every purchase of A Spoon Full of Hope products benefits Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida's Culinary Training Program. You can feel good that every bite, every spoon full, is helping change lives!
CHEF JILL'S HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
Ingredients For Sauce:
- 1 cup A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup
- 5 Tbsp A Spoon Full of Hope Palmetto Honey
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
Ingredients For Wings:
- 16 chicken wings
- Canola or vegetable oil (if frying)
To make the BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat until sugar and honey dissolve.
- Cool overnight to meld the flavors, then enjoy with your favorite grilled meats, BBQ dishes or fried chicken wings.
- Follow your favorite oven baked wings recipe or if frying, heat oil in a dutch oven or deep fryer to 375F.
- Fry wings without overcrowding, for 10-12 minutes turning a couple times (internal temp of meat should be 165F).
- Remove to a wire rack to drain oil for a few seconds then transfer into a bowl with the BBQ sauce.
- Toss to cover with sauce, then remove with a slotted spoon. Repeat with all wings.
IN THE KITCHEN WITH CHEF JILL:
Follow along with Chef Jill as she prepares her Tangy BBQ Chicken Wings. Click here to watch "In The Kitchen with Chef Jill" on Facebook Live and tell us what you think in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and tune in to more FREE Online Cooking Demos with Chef Jill.
Thank you for your support!
Every A Spoon Full of Hope product you purchase benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Culinary Training Program. This no cost 16-week program provides qualified, economically challenged adults with the culinary and life skills training to pursue a sustainable career in the food industry. Every product you buy helps change lives.
We look forward to seeing your recipe creations! Share your photos of dishes using A Spoon Full of Hope products on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ASpoonFullofHope and use hashtag #ASpoonFullofHope