Looking for a scrumptious party appetizer to wow your guests? Chef Jill Holland celebrated her birthday by sharing her favorite savory Gorgonzola Cheesecake recipe. The rich and creamy gorgonzola filling topped with toasted pecans and a drizzle of A Spoon Full of Hope Palmetto Honey for Good takes your cheeseboard to the next level. And to help you enjoy your party to the max, this appetizer can be made the night before.
Our Palmetto Honey boasts a fruity caramel taste with a rich flavor that is sweet and robust. Perfect to contrast the equally robust gorgonzola cheese.
Gorgonzola Cheesecake Recipe
Yield: One 9” or Two 5” cheesecakes
- 1.25 cups gorgonzola
- 1.6 cups cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup + ½ Tbsp sour cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Toasted Pecans
- A Spoon Full of Hope Palmetto Honey
- With a stand mixer and a whip attachment, cream together gorgonzola, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Blend in flour.
- Add Sour cream and vanilla.
- Surround the bottom of the spring form pans with foil to come up around the sides to prevent water leaking into the pans. In one or two parchment-lined spring form pans, portion filling evenly.
- Place on sheet pans in a 300⁰ oven and fill sheet pans with water to create a water bath.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Turn off oven and open the door a little. Do not remove the cheesecakes. Allow oven to cool completely before removing.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Put cheesecakes, UNCOVERED, overnight in the cooler to completely cool before serving.
- Garnish with small bunch of grapes, strawberries, toasted pecans, and drizzled Palmetto Honey and serve with fancy crackers.
IN THE KITCHEN WITH CHEF JILL:
Follow along with Chef Jill as she prepares her savory Gorgonzola Cheesecake recipe and learn her tips. Click here to watch a special Birthday edition of "In The Kitchen with Chef Jill" on Facebook Live and tell us what you think in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and tune in to more FREE Online Cooking Demos with Chef Jill.
Thank you for your support!
Every A Spoon Full of Hope product you purchase benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Culinary Training Program. This no cost 16-week program provides qualified, economically challenged adults with the culinary and life skills training to pursue a sustainable career in the food industry. Every product you buy helps change lives.
We look forward to seeing your recipe creations! Share your photos of dishes using A Spoon Full of Hope products on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ASpoonFullofHope and use hashtag #ASpoonFullofHope