Watch Chef Jill make this fun family meal and follow along using the recipe below
1 cup corn meal
½ cup flour
1 ½ Tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp Wildflower Honey for Good
Cornstarch to dust onto hot dogs
Frying oil to fill 1 ½-2 inches of a large straight sided pot
8 Hot dogs or cooked sausages on skewers or popsicle sticks
- Combine batter ingredients and place them into a tall glass or cup.
- Dust very dry hot dogs with corn starch and shake off any excess.
- Heat oil to 350⁰
- Dip hot dog into batter and twirl a bit to cover completely.
- Carefully place the batter-covered hot dog into the hot oil. Flip after bottom becomes golden brown.
- Cook through. Then remove and place on paper towels.
- Enjoy with ketchup, yellow mustard, honey mustard, or condiment of choice!