Watch Chef Jill make these corn fritters and follow along with the recipe below!
3 cups sifted All Purpose flour
4 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp salt
2 egg whites (room temperature)
4 egg yolks
1 ½ cup milk
3 Tbsp oil (neutral flavor like avocado, canola, or vegetable oil)
Corn (1 can VERY well drained, or 2 large ears fresh corn, or 2 cups frozen corn)
1 gallon frying oil or shortening
- Heat frying oil to 350⁰F with plenty of room in fryer or pot for oil to “grow” and not overflow.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks, milk, and oil until combined and smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture combining until smooth.
- Fold in half egg whites; then fold in second half. They do not need to be completely incorporated.
- Gently fold in corn until evenly distributed. Do not over mix and do not stir.
- Scoop batter into hot oil and fry for 2-5 minutes per side depending upon size of fritter. When fritter rolls and stays turned over it is done on that side. If it rolls back over on its own, it is not cooked thru.
- Drain onto a baker’s rack in a sheet pan line with paper towels or newspaper.
- Serve hot with powdered sugar and your choice of Honey for Good.