We love how A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup sparks creativity in the kitchen! It's our favorite kitchen hack alternative to using tomato sauce in a variety of recipes. We recently challenged our in-house chefs at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida's Darden Kitchen to come up with some creative recipes using Tomato Basil Soup; and, Chef Bubba Sims and his Tri-Color Tortellini with Shrimp & Andouille Sausage in a tomato basil cream sauce was crowned the winner!
If you're looking for a quick, easy and delicious dinner idea you can whip up in less than 30 minutes, you're going to love Chef Bubba's creation.
The recipe combines shrimp and andouille sausage with red peppers, asparagus and cheese tortellini. A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup and some cream are used for the flavorful sauce. You can also easily prepare this recipe using chicken. Simply adjust the cooking time.
The best part of this recipe is that every purchase of our Tomato Basil Soup benefits Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida's Culinary Training Program. You can feel good that every bite, every spoon full, is helping change lives!
Tri-Color Tortellini with Shrimp & Andouille in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce Recipe
Recipe by: Chef Bubba Sims
- 1 lb. 4oz cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 14 oz (1 package) Andouille sausage, cut in half, julienne
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1 medium red pepper, julienne
- 10 medium asparagus, cut in thirds
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions and let cool.
- In large sauce pan, heat ¼ cup vegetable oil. Sauté pepper, andouille, asparagus, and shrimp until shrimp are cooked through.
- Add heavy cream and let reduce for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 1 cup A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Toss in pasta and stir for 3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
IN THE KITCHEN WITH CHEF JILL:
Follow along with Chef Jill and Chef Bubba as they prepare this scrumptious Tri-Colored Tortellini with Shrimp & Andouille Sausage in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce recipe. Click here to watch "In The Kitchen with Chef Jill" on Facebook Live and tell us what you think in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and tune in to more FREE Online Cooking Demos with Chef Jill.
Thank you for your support!
Every A Spoon Full of Hope product you purchase benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Culinary Training Program. This no cost 16-week program provides qualified, economically challenged adults with the culinary and life skills training to pursue a sustainable career in the food industry. Every product you buy helps change lives.
We look forward to seeing your recipe creations! Share your photos of dishes using A Spoon Full of Hope products on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ASpoonFullofHope and use hashtag #ASpoonFullofHope