If you're looking for a quick, easy and delicious dinner idea, Chef Jill Holland shares her scrumptious Mediterranean Chicken with Feta and Blistered Tomatoes recipe. This one-pot dish is perfect for weeknight dinners and impressive to serve for any special occasion.
The recipe combines chicken breast, fresh herbs, feta cheese and grape tomatoes in addition to A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup for Good as a flavorful shortcut rather than using tomato sauce. If you're familiar with the famous TikTok Feta Pasta, this is a pasta-free alternative. You can also easily prepare this recipe using fresh fish or shrimp instead of chicken. Simply adjust the cooking time in the oven.
The best part of this recipe is that every purchase of our Tomato Basil Soup for Good benefits Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida's Culinary Training Program. You can feel good that every bite, every spoon full, is helping change lives!
MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH FETA AND BLISTERED TOMATOES RECIPE
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Half pint grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 cup (or half a jar) Tomato Basil Soup for Good
- 4 oz feta cheese, cut in half
- Black pepper
- Avocado oil (or other high smoke point, neutral oil)
- Parsley, minced
- Heat oven to 500⁰F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place a few swirls of oil into a straight-sided skillet (be sure to use a skillet that can safely be used in the oven) and heat on stove top to high heat.
- Pan sear chicken breasts until golden on each side, but do not cook chicken completely through.
- Smash garlic and mince; pull oregano and thyme off stems; rinse tomatoes
- Turn stove top burner off, but do not remove pan. Pour 1 cup Tomato Basil Soup for Good into pan and over chicken slightly.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, and garlic. Place feta on top of chicken breasts.
- Place entire pan into the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165⁰F.
- Remove and top with fresh parsley.
IN THE KITCHEN WITH CHEF JILL:
Follow along with Chef Jill as she prepares this scrumptious Mediterranean Chicken with Feta and Blistered Tomatoes recipe. Click here to watch "In The Kitchen with Chef Jill" on Facebook Live and tell us what you think in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and tune in to more FREE Online Cooking Demos with Chef Jill.
Thank you for your support!
Every A Spoon Full of Hope product you purchase benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Culinary Training Program. This no cost 16-week program provides qualified, economically challenged adults with the culinary and life skills training to pursue a sustainable career in the food industry. Every product you buy helps change lives.
We look forward to seeing your recipe creations! Share your photos of dishes using A Spoon Full of Hope products on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ASpoonFullofHope and use hashtag #ASpoonFullofHope