What better way to enjoy tomato basil soup than with the best grilled cheese sandwich ever!
1 TB + 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
2 slices bread of choice (We prefer a multi-grain or a nice marble rye)
1 slice sharp cheddar
1 slice Swiss
1 slice Smoked Gouda (the smokiness will complement the acidity of the soup)
1 slice Butterkäse (an amazing, underrated cheese with a mild buttery flavor and ideal melting properties for gooey cheesy goodness)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat while melting a tablespoon of butter.
- Once the butter has just started to turn golden, place the bread slices in the skillet and move them around to heat them.
- Flip the bread over and add the cheese slices (3 to each slice of bread). The heat from the freshly turned bread will help melt the cheeses.
- Add another small pat of butter to the skillet and continue to toast the bread to desired doneness.
- Put the 2 sides together to form your sandwich.
- Cut into triangles to allow for optimal dipping into your bowl or cup of SPOONFUL OF HOPE TOMATO BASIL SOUP!