Watch Chef Jill make this delicious eggplant dish and follow along using the recipe below!
Serves 8-10 people
- 2 Eggplant, sliced long-ways, ¼ inch thick
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup red peppers, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Tomato Basil Soup for Good
- Flour, for dusting
- Egg, beating well, for dipping
- Bread crumbs, for coating
- Oil, for pan frying
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Dip eggplant slices in flour, lightly coating both sides and shaking off and excess flour.
- With the opposite hand, dip in egg wash.
- With original hand, dip in breadcrumbs.
- Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a flat skillet over medium high heat.
- Pan fry coated eggplant until just golden. Lay on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Place thin layers of the filling ingredients on each strip of eggplant.
- Roll eggplant and place in an oven safe dish, seam down. Cover each rollatini lightly with Tomato Basil Soup for Good.
- Bake in oven for 5-8 minutes until filling is hot and melted.