Parmesan Rosemary Biscotti
Chef Jill Holland gives the traditional biscotti her unique twist by making a savory Parmesan Rosemary Biscotti. Perfect to pair with A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup for Good for a comforting lunch or light dinner.
The crisp texture is accented by the richness of Parmesan, the fragrance of rosemary and added depth of flavor from tomato paste. Perfect for nibbling and dunking into your soup. The kitchen will smell amazing as they bake and don't forget to save the pine nuts and crumbles that fall off when you slice the biscotti. Add as a crumbled topping to your bowl and take tomato soup to the next level!
Parmesan Rosemary Biscotti Recipe
- 7 oz softened unsalted butter
- 3 1/4 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (or other hard salty cheese like Pecorino or Asiago)
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 3 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 7 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1½ cups pine nuts, lightly toasted (be careful, they burn easily)
- Heat oven to 375⁰F.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar, tomato paste, Parmesan, rosemary, baking powder, black pepper, and salt. (You can also use an electric hand mixer)
- Add eggs a few at a time until incorporated.
- In thirds, add flour and mix to combine.
- Mix in pine nuts.
- With wet hands, divide the dough in half and form into rectangular logs on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating once.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely (at least 30 minutes).
- Lower the oven temperature to 300⁰F.
- If parchment paper or sheet pan are wet at all, replace and wipe dry.
- Slice into ½ inch thick slices and lay flat on new parchment paper leaving at least ½ inch between each slice.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes flipping each piece over and rotating the pans halfway through.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes then enjoy with Tomato Basil Soup for Good!
IN THE KITCHEN WITH CHEF JILL:
Follow along with Chef Jill as she prepares this delightful Parmesan Rosemary Biscotti recipe. Click here to watch "In The Kitchen with Chef Jill" on Facebook Live and tell us what you think in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and tune in to more FREE Online Cooking Demos with Chef Jill.
Thank you for your support!
Every A Spoon Full of Hope product you purchase benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Culinary Training Program. This no cost 16-week program provides qualified, economically challenged adults with the culinary and life skills training to pursue a sustainable career in the food industry. Every product you buy helps change lives.
We look forward to seeing your recipe creations! Share your photos of dishes using A Spoon Full of Hope products on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ASpoonFullofHope and use hashtag #ASpoonFullofHope