Recently, we introduced you to Chef Kenneth Neal, one of our Culinary Training Program grads who owns a business. On Thursday, August 6, he joined forces with The Today Show’s Al Roker and 60 other chefs for Rokerthon: The Great American Sandwich Relay! where they achieved a Guinness Book of World Records title.
Chef Kenny made an Apricot, Cheddar and Chicken Salad Sandwich in honor of the big event, which raised awareness about Feeding America and World Central Kitchen. Congratulations, Chef Kenny and all the others who participated! If you missed it, click here to see the highlights, including Chef Kenny’s "TV magic."
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon A Spoon Full of Hope honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 teaspoons chopped pistachios
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped apricots
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 leaf Bibb lettuce
- 1 slice sweet onion
Swap option: You can make this with fried chicken, nuts are optional if there are allergy concerns and bread can be your personal preference.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayo, sour cream, honey, ground mustard and horseradish sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shredded chicken and pistachios to the dressing. Mix well until all is coated.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with softened butter. Toast, butter-side down, on a griddle until golden-brown.
- Top non-toasted side of one slice of the bread with cheese. Place chopped apricots on top of cheese and then top with sliced tomato.
- On the remaining slice of bread, top with lettuce, onion and a scoop of chicken salad. Close the sandwich and serve.