When it's too hot outside for soup, Chef Jill Holland's chilled Gazpacho recipe is guaranteed to help you beat the summertime heat. The refreshing tomato soup, which originated in the Andalucía region of Spain, is perfect to serve as a light lunch or appetizer.
Chef Jill uses A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil soup as a time saving shortcut for the tomato base. Fresh red onions, bell peppers, cucumber and garlic are blended for a vibrant flavor.
To make it a heartier meal, top with additional diced cucumbers, peppers and fresh herbs. It's a delightful vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free dish for all to enjoy.
The best part of this recipe is that every purchase of A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup benefits Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida's Culinary Training Program. You can feel good that every bite, every spoon full, is helping change lives!
EASY CHILLED GAZPACHO SOUP RECIPE
Serves: Makes 8 to 16 servings
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups A Spoon Full of Hope Tomato Basil Soup
- Sprig of thyme
- Balsamic Glaze
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients except the balsamic glaze together until the gazpacho is smooth.
- For a smoother texture, strain the soup to yield about 1 quart. Refrigerate the gazpacho until ready to serve. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- To serve: Ladle the cold soup into bowls and squeeze dots of balsamic glaze over the top.
IN THE KITCHEN WITH CHEF JILL:
Follow along with Chef Jill as she prepares this easy Gazpacho chilled soup. Click here to watch "In The Kitchen with Chef Jill" on Facebook Live and tell us what you think in the comments.
Follow us on Facebook and tune in to more FREE Online Cooking Demos with Chef Jill.
Thank you for your support!
Every A Spoon Full of Hope product you purchase benefits the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida Culinary Training Program. This no cost 16-week program provides qualified, economically challenged adults with the culinary and life skills training to pursue a sustainable career in the food industry. Every product you buy helps change lives.
We look forward to seeing your recipe creations! Share your photos of dishes using A Spoon Full of Hope products on Facebook and Instagram and tag us @ASpoonFullofHope and use hashtag #ASpoonFullofHope