Watch Chef Jill make this seafood favorite. Then, follow along using the recipe below.
¼ yellow onion, small dice
2 cloves garlic, either minced or sliced
¼ lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tail removed
¼ lb Calamari rings and tentacles
¼ lb Patagonia scallops, adductor muscle removed
Dry white wine (something that you would drink)
¼ lb mussels, debearded
¼ lb clams
Spaghetti or angel hair noodles, boiled to al dente or just a little underdone
- Sweat the onions and garlic over medium low heat until onions become translucent.
- Raise heat to high heat and add shrimp, calamari, and scallops.
- Sauté for approx. 2 minutes being mindful not to overcook the shrimp and calamari.
- Add a generous splash of white wine to deglaze the pan and provide some residual liquid. Lower the heat to medium and add the mussels and clams; cover with a lid.
- Allow mussels and clams time to open up (2-3 minutes).
- Add half a jar (8oz) Tomato Basil Soup for Good and leave lid off and bring to a simmer.
- Toss in cooked pasta and finish cooking off.
- Serve in a large bowl and garnish with fresh minced parsley and basil and grated cheese (Parmesan, Asiago, or Pecorino Romano).