As you know, the world is enduring extraordinary circumstances. Through the support of our generous community, we at Second Harvest Food Bank have been accepting donations to sustain operations and feed those who need our help in the community. We are vigilant with monitoring the evolving Coronavirus circumstance, and are in regular contact with the CDC and our local government for information and guidance.
In our Darden Community Kitchen, we have always been hyper-vigilant and committed to the safety and well-being of our community by following the Health Department and CDC guidelines every day. We have a dedicated team focused on our A Spoon Full of Hope product line, including Lunch for Good and Catering for Good. In an increased effort, we have implemented new preventative measures in line with the enhanced CDC recommendations:
- Sanitation and disinfecting routines beyond CDC guidelines.
- Enhanced team member training on proper handwashing and safe practices for prevention.
- Mandated more frequent hand washing and eliminated handshakes.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces after each use.
- Limited number of people in the food prep areas with all wearing latex gloves.
- Implemented personal (“social”) distancing with regards to gathering places and interaction.
- We have also asked all employees to be extremely vigilant with regards to their personal interactions and hygiene and to monitor their own health.
If you would like to order Lunch for Good, we are completing orders of 24 or more by phone only. A 48-hour notice is required, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We will coordinate a delivery time to your door for your own health and safety. Please contact Lanette Jarvis at 407 514-1048 or LJarvis@feedhopenow.org
If you would like to order soup and honey products from A Spoon Full of Hope, please place your order on this website and we’ll have the products shipped to you. Local orders can be fulfilled through delivery to your doorstep. Each product on this website is handled and packaged with tender love and care.
Our priority is ensuring our residents are safe and nourished. Thank you for your support.