Recipe by Katie Moseman Originally published on: Magnolia Days.
● 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
● 1/2 cup ice
● 1 frozen banana cut into chunks before freezing
● 3/4 cup coconut milk beverage
● 2 teaspoons A Spoon Full of Hope honey
1. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth, about 60 seconds. Tap the container
bottom on the counter and swirl a few times to release air bubbles. Serve immediately.
Recipe Notes: Serves one person as a meal replacement, or two people as a snack.
A Spoon Full of Hope Recipe Contest
The Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie was submitted by Katie Moseman for our first A Spoon Full of Hope recipe contest.
The recipe was judged on taste, presentation and ease of implementation. Second Harvest Food Bank's culinary student, Rachelle, took charge of creating it. Below are some photos of her in the Darden Foundation Community Kitchen at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida during the fall of 2019.