Watch Chef Jill cook this amazing family dinner and follow along using the recipe below!
Cooking the Noodles
½ box lasagna noodles (approx. 10-12 noodles)
2 jars (2-16oz) Tomato Basil Soup for Good
2- 14oz cans petite diced tomatoes, very well drained
- Add diced tomatoes to Tomato Basil Soup for Good.
- Heat to a low simmer, do not boil.
- Add noodles and cook until just barely flexible, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare béchamel and cheese mixture.
1.5 oz butter
1.5 oz AP flour
2 cups whole milk, room temperature or slightly warm
- Create white roux with butter and flour.
- Slowly add milk while whisking out lumps.
- Cook until thickened to nappe.
2 cups Ricotta
1 cup grated parmesan
2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Combine all ingredients.
- Set aside for lasagna.
To build lasagna
- Cover hotel pan with thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Add layer of lasagna pasta sheets.
- Tomato sauce
- Cheese mixture
- Repeat to top of pan.
- Finish with layer of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 400ᵒ for 30-40 minutes. Check periodically. Cover with foil if browning too dark.