½ butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, diced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ onion, small diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, fine dice
1 lb. ground turkey (optional)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained+
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cumin
1 Tbsp. chili powder
- Place empty sheet pan in oven and heat to 500⁰.
- Mix the last 3 ingredients together.
- In a bowl, coat the diced sweet potatoes and butternut squash with a little oil and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and spice mixture.
- Place the sweet potatoes and butternut squash on the hot sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a deep pot on medium low heat, sweat the onions, garlic, and jalapeno with a little oil until onions are translucent. Turn the heat up to high and add the ground turkey, a pinch of salt and pepper and half of the remaining spice mixture. Brown the meat.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the beans, corn, pumpkin puree, and one jar (16 oz.) of Tomato Basil Soup for Good, and the remaining spice mixture.
- Combine and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. If too thick, add up to 8 oz. water to desired consistency.
Freezes and reheats very well.